A Roleplaying forum featuring Star Wars and possibly others upon request of the members.

Star Wars: Prologue

GA Zaarin
    Admin

Force Points : 354
    Paragon : 0

Re: Star Wars: Prologue

Post  GA Zaarin on Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:02 pm

As Ka'den steps forward, Laniri grabs his arm. "Perhaps we should wait until daybreak," she suggests. "The nights are short here."

David Mahan
    Admin

Force Points : 112

Post  David Mahan on Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:01 pm

Ka'den instinctively jerks his arm away, muscles tensing for a strike, but he doesn't do anything more. He considers her advice.

"Alright, seems reasonable," he says, and begins looking for a source of shelter.

Seethray
    Admin

Force Points : 42

Post  Seethray on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Ray was grateful for everything Lirc was doing for him. He knew he would have to repay this debt but it probably wouldn't come until they got off this strange planet. They started back towards the others.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 pm

By the time Lirc and Se'ethor make it back to the ruin, stars are twinkling overhead, veiled by brilliant aurorae. The rings form a bridge of star-like dots across the sky. A large full moon fills 36% of the sky, and occasionally electric arcs can be seen streaming from the mountains to the moon. You can see the illuminated plume of an ice volcano on the edge of the shimmering silver disk of the moon. Further away you can see another crescent moon. The other two moons aren't visible, either new or on the other side of the planet. Meteors are as frequent as in a meteor shower on another planet.

In the jungle you can hear noises of creatures astir. In the lake you can see the eerie glow of some sort of bioluminescent fish deep underwater. The mausoleum itself is empty, save for the countless mummies. The glowing pods of the tree dance spryly in the breeze, creating an all-over surreal atmosphere.

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Ka'den, lying on his back in full armor, with his pack and gear beside him, watches the sky in wonder for quite a while. "If only I was here under different circumstances..." he thinks. "It is a beautiful planet." He keeps the Verp in his right hand, arms folded across his chest, alert yet restful. Slowly, he dozes off.

OOC: I like this planet. Well done, Mr. GA.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:23 pm

OOC: Thank you. Smile

You wait all night but see no signs of your companions' return. However, as morning approaches you see the alien woman and two men of the same species approaching the mausoleum.

The sun slowly rises above the mountains, bathing the valley and the mountainsides in golden crimson. Laniri gently rouses you.

"Come," she says. "We should hurry."

You make your way around the valley and at last reach the crash site. You see Yiisha asleep on top of the escape pod, her charric drawn. As you step forward to assist her, a vine lashes out at you which you narrowly dodge; it is followed by the gnashing jaws of a carnivorous plant. You see that her crash site is lined by eight of them.

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Ka'den starts out of a dream, but is mildly comforted to see Laniri rather than the last face that was looking at him in his dream.

"Well, that's new..." he says, backing away from the lashing vines. "I don't suppose either of you would happen to have a lightsaber handy." He turns his vocoder to maximum volume, and calls to Yiisha, to see if she can awake, or if she is in a coma. "If she can't get up, I'm going to be VERY upset..." He checks the level on his flamethrower fuel and tries to estimate whether or not the plants will burn...then he considers how much more easily a Chiss would probably burn than one of these plants, and abandons the idea.

"Laniri--can you get her out of there? If not, this is going to be very difficult."
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:04 pm

Yiisha sits up at hearing your voice. "Ka'den, Sade!" she calls. "I am pinned here by the plants. My charric was damaged in the crash and has no shots left."

Laniri shakes her head. "I cannot control the Current any more than you can control the raging river," she says.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:04 pm

"I can try," Sade says. "But...you know I really don't have much control over it."

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:31 pm

"Alright," says Ka'den. Without much hope, Ka'den asks "Yiisha, can you get clear of my trajectory if I use a flamethrower on these plants? If not, I think we're gonna have to fight our way through..." Turning to Sade, he indicates the short sword on his hip. "I have this, and it'll cut through durasteel like hot butter, but I can only fight off a couple of those things at a time--maybe three or four if I'm really quick, and if they don't all attack at once. How many do you think you can fend off?"
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:44 pm

"I am pinned down where I am," Yiisha says. "However, I could try to distract them by throwing my charric on the ground--they seem to be highly sensitive to ground vibrations.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Sade draws his vibrodaggers in the blink of an eye. "These are sharp, but I'll have to get pretty close to do damage," he says. "I doubt throwing them will do much good against plants. If I get attacked by more than two at a time, I'm going to be in a pretty tough spot."
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:46 pm

Laniri draws her own short sword. "I can take on at least one or two myself," she says.

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:49 am

"They're sensitive to ground vibrations, you say?" says Ka'den. He sets his gauntlet to the ground, and switches on his sonic retrieval device, usually used for long distance comm. and auto-pilot signals to his ship. "I'm going to turn this up. Get ready to run for it."

He turns up the device to maximum effect.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Ka'den uses his sonic device to confuse the plants, allowing Yiisha to run past without their notice.

"Thank you," Yiisha says. "We must gather the others. Even without our ship, there is still a chance for the mission to succeed."

OOC: If anyone else wants an illustration done, I created a thread for it here.
    Alpha Guardian
    Admin

Force Points : 133

Post  Alpha Guardian on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Lirc approaches the woman and asks "Excuse us, miss. Do you happen to know where our friends have gone off to?"

OOC: if possible, could we expedite our merger? I don't know what to do with the separate parties business anymore.

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Ka'den is only mildly surprised that his ploy worked. He approaches Yiisha, and plants his feet firmly in front of her.

"It has come to my attention," he says, slowly crossing his arms in front of him, "that we've already done quite a bit of work, without getting any closer to knowing the reason for this excursion. Missiles aren't cheap," he holds up his forearm with the one empty rocket tube, "and neither is the ammunition for my M5. Military grade, and all that, you understand." He turns his head slightly towards Laniri. "I'm not afraid to tell you, I've had more than enough of force-users, 'Current' users, and every other kind of 'user' on this trip as well. Don't ask how we picked--how she picked us up. Name's Laniri, in case you were wondering. All I'm saying is that you'll get much more out of me, and I imagine more out of the kid, if you'll tell us...what exactly...we're here for."

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 pm

OOC: I second Wes's opinion. I miss our traveling buddies.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:53 pm

The woman and her guards upon seeing you run away.

"You will understand shortly, that is all I can say," Yiisha says. "You must trust me just a little while longer."

By the next afternoon, you are back at the rendezvous point, where Lirc and Se'ethor are waiting.

OOC: Wes, Seth, you guys can either go back and read all my indigo posts and all of David's posts, or you can just have Ka'den give you the condensed version. Wink

OOC2: BTW, David, thoughts on Ka'den's illustration?

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm

OOC: I liked it, although I was surprised it was a bust, since I was expecting a full-body picture. The face is very close to what I was picturing.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:43 pm

OOC: Doing a portrait minimized my limitations as to depicting your armor properly...from the shoulders up Mandalorian armor isn't quite as distinctive as from a full-body shot. Wink

Seethray
    Admin

Force Points : 42

Post  Seethray on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:13 pm

OOC: I would like to get the condensed version seeing as in character i would need to be told what has happened with the other groups instead of reading everything.
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:55 pm

"So, what happened to you two after we split up? And who is this new person?" Se'ethor asks.

David Mahan
    Admin

Post  David Mahan on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:05 am

Ka'den removes his helmet, clears his throat, and begins:

"After you two left, that woman you both saw led us into their city. I had my suspicions from the start that they were force-users, because none of the soldiers and guards I saw in the city had any weapons. They brought us to someone who must have been a religious elder or possibly a political leader, or both, but I couldn't communicate with them in any language I know. They brought us to a small room with a feast prepared inside, and they fixed up the kid's ankle, which is about when I started getting mixed signals, because they closed an iron gate over the door. Since they didn't flinch when I drew my weapon, I figured they weren't afraid of me, and THAT my friends is something I just can't stand to let happen. I've heard of people being taken in and shown extraordinary hospitality by such people, and then after a day, they're sacrificed to a god or deity, as an "honorable death", so I tried to think of a plan to escape, when suddenly I noticed young Sade over here playing with the door...from across the room. I don't know where the little chakar got force-sensitivity from, but it gave me a start. Once we knew that he could do that, we formed a quick plan--them not being able to understand Basic helped with that--and I attacked the guards in the room while he tried to lift the gate. It didn't work as well as we'd hoped, but I managed to bring down a couple of the guards before they escaped the room. We were both pushed back with the force and couldn't make it to the door before it shut again, but he kept on trying to lift that gate, and I kept firing back at them through the bars. Eventually the old man from before came in, and removed our weapons. We weren't about to let them have their way. The old man lifted the gate, and we stepped out slowly. None of the guards had tried to restrain us yet, so I let loose one of these rockets at the old man, and toasted his guards with this," says Ka'den, indicating his flamethrower, and the previously mentioned duo-rocket mount on his wrist, which now holds a single rocket. "I'd like to say that worked, but somehow the old man managed to survive. I was about to put a round through his head from the Verp when he was struck from behind by a quarrel, sort of like the kind that wookiees use in their bowcasters, only lighter. He fell instantly, and that gave myself and Sade enough time to take down the rest of the guards. I held onto Sade and used my jetpack to lift us out, but before we got very far, our new friend here," he gestures towards Laniri, "came out of nowhere and asked us to come with her. Don't ask me how it happened, but I think she used the force to make us 'fly'. She led us to the mountains, and then when I explained our circumstances, she agreed to help us find Yiisha. We got her out of the wreckage of the shuttle with little difficulty, and then we came here to meet up with you."

Ka'den turns to Laniri, and with a polite nod, he adds "And I think our friend Laniri should tell you all her story herself..."
    GA Zaarin
    Admin

Post  GA Zaarin on Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:40 am

"I am Laniri Izrell, a Fallanassi, or White Current adept," she says. "I left my people to join the Confederacy, thinking I was doing the right thing. In short, when I learned their true nature I left the Confederacy and crashed here. I had been studying the people here from within the Current for some time when I saw your comrades in trouble, so I helped them escape. Perhaps now I can continue to help you--at least until we find a way off this planet."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm